We generally use the Tier List created by Bloomberg New Energy Finance as a guide as to what solar panels should be installed. If a client requests a certain Solar Panel we can accommodate them, however we suggest only using a Tier 1 Solar Panel.
Tier 1 Solar Panels we generally use are:
Many of the cheaper panels on the market are cheap for a reason. It is important to understand why they are so much cheaper than other systems on the market. There are panels available in Australia that are less than half the price of other panels available. If it seems to good to be true it probably is!
Do not be naive to think that every panel is the same. Do your research; ask lots of questions to ensure you are getting the best quality and value system.
Other key points to look out for when purchasing solar panels includes:
- Are the panels salt mist warranted?
- Are they panels ammonia corrosion warranted?
- Are the panels cyclone proof?
- Who provide warranty for the panels and where is the warranty held?
- How long have the manufacturers been operating?
- What is the process for warranty replacements if you are not in business?