How much does it cost to install solar panels?
The cost to install solar systems has dropped dramatically over the past few years, making it an increasingly attractive and inexpensive option for homes and businesses.
The upfront cost of your solar PV system is affected by a number of different factors, including:
• Government incentives and support schemes available
• Contractor installation costs
• Type and number of solar panels, which affect the output of your system in kilowatts (kW)
• Type and size of the inverter (the part of the system that converts the electrical output of your solar panels into AC electricity for use in your home or business)
• Type of framing equipment and other system components
• Height and accessibility of roof and whether it is tiled, metal or concrete
• Any after-sales service agreements
As a rough guide, the total cost of getting a home solar system up and running is between $2500 (for a small 1.5 kW system) and $11,500 (for a top-of-the-line 5 kW system).
For businesses, the approximate cost of installing solar ranges from around $15,000 (for a 10kW system) to more than $200,000 (for a high-capacity 100 kW system).
Need Help? Talk to us today 1300 748 948
Hardy Electrical and Solar is based in Kingscliff, Northern New South Wales. We service Tweed Heads, Lismore, Ballina, Casino, Kingscliff, Murwillumbah, Tamborine Mountain, Byron Bay, Kyogle, Bangalow, Lennox Head, Mullumbimby, Evans Head and Grafton. So if you are located in Northern News South or South East Queensland we can help.